This episode all about confidence! Confidence is more important than your experience, your credentials, what background you came from, or any other external factor or feature about you. That’s why it’s so important to protect it! Tune in to learn about five boundaries to help you increase your confidence.
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #43:
- Confidence has a huge impact on how you feel about your past, your present, and your future. It’s often the only barrier between staying stuck or settling, and creating the life you want. Confidence is an experience of esteem, and can be increased and cultivated.
- Think about the last time you felt confident. It was likely a result of facing some kind of fear and coming out on the other side successfully. When you’re feeling confident due to your successes, you’re more likely to try new things.
- In these five areas of your life, boundaries can help build and protect your confidence: basic physical self-care, work/life balance, time for focus (both personally and professionally), finances, and time for reflection.
- This episode comes with an assignment. Sit down with a pen and paper, then list three times you’ve felt confident in the past, and why you felt that way. Next, write down three times that you felt that your confidence was weak or non-existent, and why that was the case. Your answers to these questions will help you create a roadmap to what you need to have more — or less — of to protect your confidence.
Highlights from Episode #43:
- Welcome to today’s episode! Vicki introduces today’s topic: confidence. [00:39]
- Vicki mentions that confidence is not only an internal experience, but also a capability that you can cultivate through the use of boundaries. [02:45]
- Why is confidence so important? [04:31]
- Vicki shares the first and second of the five areas in which boundaries can protect and build your confidence. [06:41]
- We learn about the third and fourth ways to protect your confidence with boundaries. [10:52]
- The fifth and final item on Vicki’s list involves taking time to reflect. [12:25]
- Vicki gives listeners a specific assignment. [16:53]
- We hear about a common, pervasive way that our confidence can be impacted. [22:16]
- Vicki quickly recaps the topics that she covered in today’s episode. [25:06]
Links and Resources: