Today’s episode is all about intuitives, empaths, and the personal energy boundary. If you think that sounds a little woo-woo or out there, I get it! If you immediately recognize yourself in the title, I get that too. More than others, this episode may not be for some people—but I think it will be deeply valuable for the people who do resonate with the topic.
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #51:
- The personal energy boundary is our felt sense of another person’s energy. It might not be something obvious that a person does, says, or looks like, but rather their energetic field. (If you’re not sure what this means, think of an angry person. You can often tell that they’re angry even if they aren’t yelling or otherwise expressing their anger.)
- Empaths and highly intuitive people tend to energetically pick up or sense what is going on with other people.
- When you’re impacted by someone else’s energy, ask yourself what you need in the situation or how you can make it better for yourself. We tend to take less action to protect ourselves than we have the power to take.
- If you identify as a person who is highly intuitive or empathic, use your own energetic boundary by imagining an invisible wall or glass dome around you, or angels or bodyguards protecting you. It’s also perfectly okay to choose not to look at other people or to avoid eye contact with strangers when you’re in public places!
Highlights from Episode #51:
- Vicki welcomes listeners to today’s episode, which is about intuitives, empaths, and the personal energy boundary. [00:39]
- We hear a quick recap of the different kinds of boundaries that Vicki has covered before. [01:19]
- Vicki shares some examples of when you might experience someone else’s personal energy, and a boundary might be in order. [05:21]
- Vicki addresses how to deal with someone who walks into a room and energetically takes up a lot of space. [14:05]
- We hear about how to handle situations in which someone is indiscriminately broadcasting their sexual energy. [18:23]
- Next, Vicki talks about what to do in situations where you start feeling emotions that you may be picking up from people around you. [21:45]
- Finally, we hear about the personal energy boundary when someone is being deceptive. [23:31]
Links and Resources:
- Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- Moving Beyond Betrayal by Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- 5-Step Boundary Solution Clarifier
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 1: Boundaries: What They Are and Why They’re So Misunderstood
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 2: What Good Boundaries Can Do For You + The 5 Types and 2 Functions of Boundaries
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 3: Boundaries in Balance (and at the Extremes) + Boundary Ruptures and Boundary Violations
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 4: Women and Boundaries: Struggles and Strengths
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 5: Four Signs That You May Need to Set a Boundary
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 6: What to Expect When You Set Boundaries (+Non-Negotiable Boundaries)