Have you ever made a commitment to yourself or to someone you care about that you didn’t keep? Have you ever promised yourself you would stop doing something or even treating another person abusively, but you just couldn’t stop? Then it may be time for extreme accountability! Listen to learn why it’s sometimes necessary to interject some extreme accountability in your life, and stay tuned to the end to hear my extreme accountability commitment to you!
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #55:
- Many times the person we let down with our commitments is ourself. If you’ve made a commitment to yourself that you couldn’t keep, then it may be time to consider extreme accountability.
- Extreme accountability cannot be implemented for someone else. Just as you cannot make another person change, you also cannot make them take action.
- An extreme accountability measure for one person may not work for another person. Every person’s commitment is completely unique and should match their skills, abilities, resources, and situation.
- Go public to the right people with your commitment. We are much more likely to keep our commitments when we make them to another person. Let your support system know what your goal is and how you intend to reach it.
Highlights from Episode #55:
- Welcome back to the show! It’s time to talk about extreme accountability. [00:39]
- What is accountability? [04:00]
- When do you need extreme accountability? [07:22]
- How to create your own extreme accountability. [19:55]
- One person’s extreme accountability may not be appropriate for you. [22:13]
- Why you should go public with your extreme accountability. [23:44]
- Learn about Vicki’s extreme accountability commitment to podcast listeners. [24:30]
Links and Resources:
- Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- Moving Beyond Betrayal by Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- 5-Step Boundary Solution Clarifier
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 22 – Want More Intimacy? Accountability is Key
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 25 – Part 2 Accountability & Intimacy: Who Decides Whether You’re Being Accountable?
- Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live, by Martha Beck
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 50 – Extreme Self-Care and Boundaries