There’s nothing wrong with wanting more, as long as what you want more of brings you more happiness, connection, abundance, satisfaction, and love. (Not more drama, pain, or junk food!) But most of us have a habit of saying and doing things that actually accomplish the exact opposite. Today, you’ll learn the secrets to turning that around and responding to situations in a way that gets you more of what you want.
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #77:
- Wanting more of what you want isn’t selfish. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy life more and have better relationships!
- We tend to focus on what we don’t want, generally out of fear and a desire to protect ourselves. Unfortunately, this doesn’t work, and ends up making us miserable.
- You might get less of what you want in these ways: criticizing people when they don’t get it right, not expressing enough gratitude or appreciation, and even looking for things to go wrong or badly.
- To get more of what you want, turn around the things causing you to get less of what you want. Focus on (and express appreciation for) what you liked, and say nothing about what you didn’t like.
Highlights from Episode #77:
- Vicki welcomes listeners to the first episode of 2020! She starts things off with a discussion of wanting more, and why it’s important for something to be good all the way through. [00:39]
- We tend to focus on what we don’t want instead of what we do want, Vicki explains. She then makes an announcement about her first Clarity Circle of 2020, which is coming up soon! Sign up at this link for the access details. [04:02]
- How can you get more of what you want in 2020? Vicki begins her answer by illuminating several of the ways that we get less of what we want. [06:15]
- Vicki explores how looking for things to go wrong gets us less of what we want. [09:48]
- You may get less of what you want if you’re gratitude- or appreciation-deficient. [14:15]
- Let’s talk about how to turn things around and get more of what you want! [15:21]
- Vicki returns to the topic of appreciation and gratitude, and offers clear tips for getting more of what you want. [20:28]
- Today’s last tip is to think about what exactly it is that you want more of, and imagine that it’s already yours. [24:59]
Vicki recaps the points she has covered today, and invites listeners to follow her on her new Instagram account! [27:30]
Links and Resources: